Siemens Espree 1.5T MRI System
The refurbished Siemens MAGNETOM Espree 1.5T MRI scanner includes an ultrashort 170cm and wide open 70cm bore.
The Siemens MAGNETOM Espree 1.5T MRI machine can hold up to 550lbs on the table in horizontal and vertical movements. Combined with its 70cm bore, this is a system that works well for larger patients.
The Espree 1.5 Tesla MRI incorporates Siemens’ popular “Tim” technology (Total Imaging Matrix).
- Vascular Imaging
- Whole Body Imaging
The Magnetom Espree 1.5T is an open bore MRI system that allows a new level of comfort for your patients. This system has an opening of almost 2.3 feet in diameter to provide a full foot of space over the patient’s head. Its short bore enables physicians to perform exams with their patient’s head completely outside the magnet which provides benefits for claustrophobic patients.
The Magnetom Espree 1.5T by Siemens comes equipped with the shortest 1.5 Tesla magnet that is available. It can perform advanced clinical applications and comes equipped with the Tim Technology (Total Imaging Matrix) that delivers high quality imaging and reduced exam times. With the Tim Technology, whole body scans can be performed in one single pass. It also enables flexible coil combinations to encompass local high resolution imaging to large anatomical coverage.
- Open bore 70cm coil
- Tim (Total Imaging Matrix) technology
- 5mm to 205cm field of view
- Up to 4 body matrices
- Peripheral Matrix Array, 8-channel knee, shoulder array, wrist array and breast biopsy
- CP loop (S/L) and head
- TX/RX head
- Double loop array
- The compact size offers low siting costs – The magnet, equipment and control room fit into 27m2 / 290 sq ft
- Zero helium boil-off minimizes life-cycle costs
- Low cooling requirement
- Low power requirement
- Tim offers increased patient throughput with short examination times
- Very compact 1.5 Tesla Magnet
- Length: 120 cm (47.2 in)
- Inner Bore Width: 70 cm (27.6 in)
- Magnet Weight (Including Helium): approx. 3800 kg (8377 lbs)
- Unique CT-like 70 cm Open-Bore diameter with high homogeneity over 30 cm
- Siemens Espree 1.5T uses syngo – Highly intuitive cross-modality user interface – the basis for all MAGNETOM Espree with I-class applications. syngo computer enables you to expand your capabilities in every clinical field
- 30 qm / 323 sq ft floor only
- No computer room is required for a total of two water-cooled electronics cabinets
The Tim System (Total Imaging Matrix)
The Tim system, integrated into the Siemens Espree 1.5T, was created to increase imaging/ clinical speed, flexibility, and accuracy to make worklow more efficient and productive. Tim is based on the most innovative RF technology integrated with a different Matrix coil design. Tim is known as a leading advancement in MRI technology.
The Siemens MAGNETOM Espree 1.5T includes up to 76 integrated matrix coil elements and up to 32 independent RF channels combined to create Tim, the Total Imaging Matrix. Tim is adjustable to the pathology under examination and the individual.
Matrix coils unleash the high SNR (Signal-to-Noise ratio) only local coils provide. Tim is ultra precise from whole-body to single organ exams from 205 cm FoV down to 5 mm. This is all
done without patient repositioning, for all clinical applications, and with up to 100% more signal-to-noise ratio.
Siemens Espree 1.5T Tim system offers exceptional speed, parallel in all directions, from head to toe, side to side, and front to back, with up to PAT 16, even for double oblique slice orientation. The system offers no restrictions in coverage and the high SNR of standard Matrix coils.
Standard Tim Application Suite
Tim’s Advanced Applications
- Body Diffusion Imaging
- Detect Micro-Hemorrhages
- Improved pre-operative screening
- Advanced tissue imaging
- Cutting-edge motion correction
- 3D imaging in all contrasts
- Non-contrast enhanced angiography
- Non-contrast enhanced perfusion
Patient Comfort and Accessibility
Study a Wider Range of Patients
- Claustrophic patients
- ICU patients or those dependent on medical equipment
- Obese patients (up to 250 kg/ 500 lbs)
- Pediatric patients
- Elderly patients
Greater Patient Comfort – Ease
- Large, 70 cm open-bore
- An extra 30 cm of space above the face (more than double the average)
- Head-out exams – Head out for 60% of routine applications
Application for Patients with Special Conditions and Needs
- Mobility Issues
- Pain Issues
- Respiratory Problems